In this article, our team has compiled detailed Apple watch statistics.
We analyzed the sales of Apple watches, who uses them and why, and other data.
The results surprised us. We learned that the Apple Watch is more than just a smartwatch and that it plays a significant role in the modern world.
We invite you to take a look at our research and see for yourself:
The Apple Watch Statistics
1. Apple holds over 50% of the total smartwatch market. (9To5Mac)
2. Apple Watches accounted for 54% of total smartwatch sales worldwide in the first quarter of 2019. (Leftronic)
3. China accounts for 30% of Apple Watch sales. (CultOfMac)
4. About 8% of Americans own an Apple Watch. (Adweek)
5. 62% of Apple Watch users plan to upgrade their device to a new model. (AddWeek)
6. Apple shipped approximately 31 million devices in 2019, up 36 percent from 2018. (TheVerge)
7. Report on sales of Apple Watch for 2019 and Q1 2020 (PatentlyApple):
- Apple shipped 7.6 million Apple Watch units worldwide in Q1 2020, up 23% from 6.2 million in Q1 2019.
- Global shipments of smartwatches grew by 20% from 11.4 million units in Q1 2019 to 13.7 million in Q1 2020.
8. Apple sells 23 Apple Watches every minute. (BusinessInsider)
9. Apple shipped 22.5 million smartwatches in 2018. (9To5Mac)
10. In 2018, the company earned about $5 billion from Apple Watches. (9To5Mac)
11. Deliveries of Apple Watches worldwide (Statista):
12. Women bought 40% of all purchased Apple Watches. (Yablyk)
13. Apple Watch owners check their watch approximately 60 to 80 times a day. (Leftronic)
14. 20% of the total time using the watch is spent watching the time. (BusinessInsider)
15. 17% of the total time is spent viewing various notifications. (BusinessInsider)
16. 4% of the total time is used during sports. (BusinessInsider)
17. 79% of Apple Watch buyers use health monitoring. (AdWeek)
18. The Health & Fitness app ranks 5th most popular on Apple Watches. (AppAnnie)
19. 19% of users tried Apple Pay for the first time on an Apple watch. (TechCrunch)
20. 80% of users prefer using Apple Pay. (TechCrunch)
21. There are over 19 thousand applications available for the Apple watch. (MarketWatch)
22. Today, there are 607 gaming applications available for the Apple Watch. (AppAnnie)
High-quality content can only be written by experts in the field. The DemystifyingDigital team consists of just such people. Our specializations range from cameras to smartwatches.
We are constantly following the latest developments in technology. Each of us has a desire to grow our knowledge in order to provide only the best information to our readers.
The world of gadgets is wide, and to cover the many types of technology we are constantly recruiting professionals to join our team. Thus, we increase our expertise and make our work even better.